If you have experienced the loss of a pregnancy or infant, this group will be a welcoming space for you to share and connect with other mothers in similar situations. Losing a pregnancy or infant is indescribable unless you’ve experienced it, and it can impact all areas of your life. You might find yourself feeling alone, lost, hopeless and disconnected from family and friends. This can lead to serious mental health issues and relationship issues if you don’t get the support that you need. Sharing, listening and relating within a group can help normalize your experiences so you don’t feel so alone, and it can be an excellent resource for building a support network for yourself. There is so much to be gained from allowing yourself to be vulnerable and "seen" within a group; they are an incredible resource for emotional support and growth.
These sessions include psycho-education on grief & loss, discussion & activities to give you space for honouring and processing your experience. We will also spend time each session focusing on coping mechanisms.
What you can expect:
- An introduction on Grief & Loss
- Sharing at your own comfort level about yourself and your loss experience
- Encouragement to identify and sit with your emotions
- Mindfulness & Grounding exercises to help you connect to your body and increase awareness
- Coping Strategies
- Creative art activities may be utilized to aid with the reflection process