Develop a healthier relationship with food, your body and yourself through learning, sharing and creative exploration. Each session there will be a focus on a specific topic and space will also be given for you to discuss and address current issues. Groups are run by Jen Reddish, Counsellor and Psychotherapist at The Essence of You. Jen has over 7 years experience working with women struggling with body image issues and eating disorders, and she is passionate about supporting women on this topic!
Contact Jen for a free 10 minute phone consultation to see if this is the right group for you! Dates & Topics listed below. Not able to commit to all 5? Come to one session and see if it's right for you before committing to any additional sessions. (Registration is necessary).
- Monday, October 16th 7-9pm: Self Esteem
- Monday, October 30th 7-9pm: Shame
- Monday November 13th 7-9pm: Sexuality
- Monday November 27th 7-9pm: Feminine Power & Intuition
- Monday December 11th 7-9pm: Open Discussion / Make up Session
Each week there will be a group email sent out for furthering connection and discussion between group members - participation in this email discussion is optional.
The benefits of a group:
- Get support from others listening to you, relating and sharing with you their experiences and their perspective on your story in a respectful format
- Listening to others tell their stories helps you to put your own problems into perspective
- Sharing in groups can help normalize your experiences so you don't feel alone
- Increase self-awareness & self-esteem through learning, art, sharing, reflection & feedback
- Build support systems
$60 per session - payment required upfront to secure your registration.